[Guide] Improving on StepMania 5.3 Outfox

This guide will teach you everything such as Roll Notes, Timing Windows, Marathons and etc.

Had you ever wanted to upgrade from “Novice” to “Average” to Expert to “Pro?”
well this guide is for you. (This won’t help everyone, we all learn differently.)

Find the perfect timing window

Having trouble improving?! Well change your timing setup.
Click on a song, press Enter and once this popup from the Image below appears, press Enter one more time.

Now check to see which timing window you prefer and can time Flawlesses or Perfects easily with it.

Now let’s move on to the next.

Keybinds

If you are not use to playing with the keybinds setup in the game or the arrow keys, try changing your keybinds.

If your hands are not crammed together, the better you can play. Here are a list of some of the best keybinds;
ASDL (which is also my keybind, however not recommended if you prefer playing with 2 hands and all fingers but not 2 hands and 1 finger)
QWOP
ZXNM
ZX,.
ASKL
ASL;

Roll Notes, Marathons, Long Songs

You may of seen something like this before:

Or also like this before:

A long song… well is just a long song basically…
A Marathon is basically the same as a long song but longer.
Marathons and Long Songs are useful if you want to test yourself. There isn’t to explain about marathons and long songs so I’ll just skip to roll notes.

Roll Notes are a type of hold note that however is the opposite of hold notes. Instead of holding a roll note, you have to hit repeatly until it crosses the end or else it will award you with a NG/Not Good/Bad
NG/Bad:

A Roll Note: (May look different depending on your skin)

Last piece of advice: Don’t hit too late, but don’t hit too early.
Well you made it to the end of this guide. Keep in-mind, this won’t help everyone, everyone learns differently.
If I find anything else that could be useful to help you improve I will put it in this guide. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Having trouble? Like I said,

A guide can’t teach everyone it depends on our skill on how we want to improve, not on guides.
Just practice everyday, you’ll get it. Nobody is perfect but everybody has a skill.
Again,

Feel free to message me or reply if you know something that you know could help people improve that isn’t on this guide. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Just wanted to say that the longer the map is, the better the practice so marathons are good for ya. I am not editing because I can’t edit this topic anymore for some reason.

What is up with your screen camera positioning?

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, I was working on a project, I thought you were talking about the way I positioned my screenshots but I am pretty sure it is my laptop screen or overscan position, can you verify that before I answer?

wait, my laptop screen and overscan position isn’t even noticable. Well, long story short I didn’t had time to took the screenshots and I was in a rush to make this so I didn’t bother to edit it, or try to snap a better screenshot. Does this answer your question?