I’ve been using the latest versions of Stepmania for fitness purposes. Using fitness mode almost every day has given me some insight about what features could be great for improving it. Here are some ideas:
- Calorie burning information is just provided at the end of each song. It could be tremendously useful to have that information also during the select song screen. To see how far the player is to reach his or her goal.
- In 5.3 Alpha 4.5, you can see your point history for the session. It would be amazing to see your calorie history too.
- I don’t know how the calorie count is done, but shouldn’t the software ask for height and weight to make that estimation? It happens in most fitness software when you make your profile.
- Once you finish the song and get past the stats screen, there’s no way to access that information again. Could there be a way to permanently store your exercise history? There’s only the total number of songs played and calories burned of all time, which is of little use to establish a routine.
- In the song selection screen, you could see the expected calories to burn for the song. Difficulty is sometimes misleading, as sometimes you burn more calories with a low difficulty song. Sometimes I’m looking for the song that would burn me the most calories.
If I can think of more, I’ll add them.