Pad no longer supports double arrows

So I bought a pad from this site:
http://www.precisiondancepads.com/en/

I figure this is a pretty common pad, but technically counts as homemade.

I read over the Controller Guide on the main page and tried both the simple and complicated methods, neither of which would get my pad to recognize inputs correctly.

Issue 1: My pad fully supported double arrow inputs in Stepmania 5.0, but refused to map the Left and Up arrows specifically for Outfox. It took me some time to figure out why and find a workaround.

I checked the Windows controller input to see what the OS was reading each arrow as. Basically, arrows were read as both joystick input, as well as a button press. My guess is that 5.0 reads the input as a button press, while Outfox reads it as a Joystick, hence why I can’t map an “axis” to more than one input.

The only solution I could find was to use Joy2Key to take the specific button inputs that were read from the pad and force the machine to recognize them as arrow keys. This seems a rather backwards way to go about it, but I couldn’t find any other way.

Issue 2: Oftentimes I would get into song selection and the game would suddenly refuse to respond to any input. Eventually I figured out this was because if you use the Enter key on the numpad, the program will think you’re entering in as Player 2. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, I love the fact that you can easily play multiplayer on a single keyboard, but it should be labeled better to make it clear that the 2 Enter keys have different functions.

it is likely you need to use the axis side of the controller mapping to make this work. If you are able to join the discord server I can walk you through how to do this effectively.